Here is a quizlet that covers the writing process, types of writing, the elements of a story…etc.
What do students learn in Elementary ELA?
- Thinking about a speech
- Plot elements and drawing plot diagrams…
- Identifying themes (as well as supporting details and main ideas); recognizing how cause and effect signal words and transition words are used; effectively summarizing a text
- Preview an informational text; activating prior knowledge using KWL diagrams; connecting with a text, through text-to-self, text-to-text, and text-to-world connections
- Characters in conflict, the use of irony, and how to present evidence to back up one’s literary analysis
- themes, supporting details, and main ideas,
- how to write an introductory paragraph, a body paragraph, and a conclusion. We’ve talked about how to use FQR (fact, question, response).
- Stages of the writing process
- Leads in the writing process
- Types of writing
- Creating storyboards
- Great Sources: Writing with Writers; Teaching Writing, Choosing Topics (Ruth Manna’s Scholastic Blog); Support Your Budding Writers (Angely Bunyi’s Scholastic Blog)
Spelling and grammar:
Types of literature: